… Bang! The new year is off to a stout start!
Small US Companies took the lead right out of the gate.
- Small & Mid Cap Growth were up 5.66% and 4.27% respectively!
- While Small & Mid Cap Value nearly kept pace, up 5.12% and 3.41%
- Healthcare completed the lead cluster, +3.44%
- Last year’s leaders, US Large Growth and Technology strode sparingly ahead, saving strength for later spurts no doubt
- US REITS continued last year’s losing, down -2.42% and Global REITS down just 0.25%
Foreign Stocks echoed US equities’ expectant voice
- Growth +2.04%
- Value +4.26%
- Small Caps +2.41%
Bonds are now.. barely burbling (with an ‘R’ for Red)
- All are down from a range of 0 to -1.35%
- Except for High yield Bonds, up a meager +0.23%
Have a great weekend!
Indexes are listed in respective order to their reference above: DJ Industrial Average TR USD, S&P 500 TR, DJ US TSM Large Cap Growth TR USD, NASDAQ 100, Technology NTTR TR USD, DJ US Health Care TR USD, DJ US TSM Large Cap Value TR USD, DJ US TSM Mid Cap Growth TR USD, DJ US TSM Mid Cap Value TR USD, DJ US TSM Small Cap Growth TR USD, DJ US TSM Small Cap Value TR USD, FTSE NAREIT All Equity REITs TR, DJ Gbl Ex US Select REIT TR USD, Bloomberg Commodity TR USD, MSCI EAFE NR USD, MSCI EAFE Growth NR USD, MSCI EAFE Value NR USD, MSCI EAFE Small Cap NR USD, MSCI EM NR USD, BBgBarc US Corporate High Yield TR USD, FTSE WGBI NonUSD USD, JPM EMBI Plus TR USD, BBgBarc US Govt 1-3 Yr TR USD, ICE BoafAML 1-3Y US Corp TR USD, BBgBarc Intermediate Treasury TR USD, BBgBarc Interm Corp TR, BBgBarc US Treasury US TIPS TR USD. These materials have been prepared solely for informational purposes based upon data generally available to the public from sources believed to be reliable. All performance references are to benchmark indexes. Performance of specific funds will vary from respective benchmarks. Past performance is not an assurance of future results. Each index cited is provided to illustrate market trends for various asset classes. It is not possible to invest directly in an index. Neither do Indexes reflect individual investor costs, e.g. trading, expense ratios & potential advisory fee.