*View the video version here
… Most stocks got slammed but, not all indexes were hit.
Broad indexes went down moderately
- The DOW and S&P were down -1.75% and -2.51%
- But Large, Mid and Small Growth were all smacked down more than 5.0%
- …While Large and Mid-Value were only off a point
- And, Small Cap Value was the only one up 0.73%; up 14.2% YTD
- It may not seem like much, but that YTD increase is nearly double that of Small Cap Growth, even closer to doubling Mid Cap Value and more than 3x Large Value YTD
- Small Cap Value has now closed a 36% performance gap with Small Growth in 8 weeks . Impressive!
- Overall, the pattern of divergence between Growth and Value, Large and Small Companies continues to widen in 2021.
- This pattern continues to bode extremely well for the health of the market going forward.
As for Foreign
- The Growth and Value divergence pattern continues to parallel US companies
Bonds were their typical boring selves, although cumulatively are now showing signs of pressure from rising yields.
- Treasury TIPS saw 0% change
- Only 2 Fixed Income remain positive YTD: High Yield and Short-Term Corporates—both just barely in the black.
Have a great weekend!